Wednesday, August 13, 2014

faith and connection


I'm one of those read-several-books-at-once types, which could explain why it takes me so long to get through some books. So, although I posted about some good reads just a few weeks ago, I have yet another one to promote :)

Have you ever read Francine Rivers? I know I'm a little late to the game, but I have been eating up her books over the past year. She is a phenomenal writer because she is an amazing story teller. She knows how to set up a story contextually so that no matter who you are or what you've experienced, you can find a way to relate, connect to, and understand the character and their "world."


Her "Mark of the Lion" series might be one of my favorite series I've ever read. The best part is all of her books in some way tell the story of God and His love for His people. There's a deeper meaning to it all, and I am left feeling humbled and connected to Him.

Currently I am reading Lineage of Grace, and spend each morning reading a few pages and drawing close to God through it before I start my day. This book is a compilation of 5 different stories of women in the Bible. They are all women whose stories I have read and heard "x" number of women's devotionals about, but this book is helping me connect with these women- see them as real people, with real thought and feelings, and finally get why they are esteemed throughout scripture for their faith. And I've been filled with a joy and excitement at meeting these women one day in Heaven and becoming friends with them :) A good book is a good thing, but a book that brings me closer to God and my identity in Him is wonderful.




Image Sources: 1. Wheat field // 2. Wayfaring stranger //

No comments:

Post a Comment