Wednesday, July 30, 2014

the book love continues


Have you ever read a book after seeing the movie? Typically, I'm a classic "must read before see" kinda gal. I just can't stand someone else's vision invade my imagination. I like to picture the characters and the scene and develop them in my own mind. However, this past weekend I saw "Gone with the Wind" for the first time... and I am a changed woman. It was the 75th anniversary of the premiere, and it was shown this weekend at the historic Fox Theater, here in Atlanta, where it first premiered 75 years ago. I wasn't expecting to be so enamored by the story line, the pre-civil war fashion, and the flawless Vivien Leigh. But, alas, I have been inspired to read the book! And to make things even better, I didn't even realize I already have it! I found it at a thrift store a year ago and use it as decoration. Who knew old books used for decor could also make good reads?! ;) What about you? Any good books lately??

// Olivia de Havilland (Melanie) and Vivien Leigh (Scarlett) arriving in Atlanta for the premiere //





Image Sources: // 1. Curl up with a book // 2. Premiere Arrival 


No comments:

Post a Comment