Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I want to be a good friend.


I want to be a good friend. I want to be a safe place, free from insecurity or doubt. I want the people I love to know that I love them and to trust that it's unconditional. I think insecurity can keep us from being good friends. We get afraid that we will come across as too needy or too nosey, annoying or burdensome. It's scary to be vulnerable, or to feel like you are the friend who "loves more". It takes humility. But I crave connection, and I truly think we are all made to be one with each other and our Maker. So, I don't want pride or negativity to destroy that perfect vision. I want to be a source of positivity for the people I interact with. I know I won't always be able to do this, I know that I will have bad days and that I am inherently selfish and that I will be tired or insecure and I will make bad decisions and I will fail. But I want to focus my mind on perseverance and forgiveness. It's okay to be alone and to feel lonely sometimes- independence is refreshing and enlightening... But I don't want those I love to feel stuck in loneliness. I want to love freely and fully, so that others feel inspired and safe to experience the joy in closeness and connection. 

xo

Image found here //

No comments:

Post a Comment