Friday, February 7, 2014

what's your birthday tradition?


Do you have a go-to birthday celebration? We tend to celebrate a lot of birthdays (and any event in general) at an Athens local Pub & Restaurant, Trapeze. Andrew "surprised" me with a dinner there along with several of our close young married friends. 


Now that we no longer live in Athens, we treasure time spent with these people! It was great to swap funny stories and just be a part of the group once again. 


Three of the girls all gave me gifts from the local shop, Frontier! I always find myself wondering around in there, admiring all the little trinkets and handmade jewelry by local artists. I realized I have never bought anything for myself there, because, as Marilisa puts it, it's the perfect place to buy gifts for other people. So I am glad to have been on the receiving end this time :) (p.s. isn't Alise's baby bump just too precious?!)


I also got a dramatic hair cut, and it is now the shortest it has been since probably middle school! I'm kind of wishing I went shorter though… now that I'm not so attached to my once-Rapunzel length hair, it's fun to mix it up ;)

Thank you to all friends and family for a great 25th celebration! 

have a relaxing weekend xo

2 comments:

  1. How did I miss the girls picture!? And your hair looks amazing. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You and Jill left right before we snapped them :(

      Delete