Tuesday, January 7, 2014

what did you gain/learn in 2013?


One thing that 2013 did for me was renew my love for reading. During college, it was hard to squeeze in time for "books for pleasure," and the list of books I read during that time is pretty sparse. Starting last summer, I went on a reading frenzy and read 7 novels in just a few months (I highly recommend Francine Rivers' Mark of the Lion 3-book series… so. good.). I already have two books currently on my "next" list. With all the buzz over the book-based film coming out in March, Divergent, I popped into Barnes and Noble the other day and decided to give it a try and read the first 60 pages… And hopefully it makes it's way to me in the mail today :) Also, I received Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers, for Christmas, and will be starting that one soon after my Divergent kick finishes. Now, I can't believe I went so many years without indulging myself in the world's greatest pastime.
Any good books you've read recently?

xo
Image found here //

2 comments:

  1. Well now I know what I will be getting you for your birthday…a box of tissues! Redeeming Love had me sobbing. You should create a page on your blog for books you've read and your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am LOVING it so far. just started it this weekend and already half way through. So beautiful. And that's a great idea!

      Delete