Wednesday, January 15, 2014

guarded by His peace

   

     Recently I have expressed concern that through this time of waiting, my heart feels that it is hardening towards God. The frustration that comes with waiting and not being in control, as well as the fear and doubt in His timing and love, adds up and creates distance between me and my Heavenly Father. I feel vulnerable and therefore want to put up my walls and shut down. I've been praying and asking God to keep my heart soft, for I know that I truly do not want to be separated from Him and His perfect love. It's just hard to feel that in these times. 


     Anyways, all that to say, I read these scriptures this morning and was comforted by the reassurance that His peace (which transcends understanding) will guard my heart from hardening, and I was refocused on Jesus enduring the cross so that I do not have to grow weary in waiting. If you are experiencing a challenging or frustrating situation, I hope these words speak to you as well. 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
                                                                                                     Philippians 4:6-7
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
                                                                                                     Hebrews 12:2

xo

Top Image found here // 

No comments:

Post a Comment