Friday, August 30, 2013

two month tribute


As of today, we have officially been in Haiti for two months! Our first break home is only a few weeks away (September 16), and riding home in the tap-tap a few days ago...


I had a peaceful, humbling feeling of pride and accomplishment as I thought, "We did it! We are almost there." It has been the most challenging time of our lives, but we have made it two months and have grown stronger and already learned an infinite amount, and I am so proud of Andrew and of us as a family for fighting through it all (even though at times the fight has felt like more of a "curling up in the fetal position...").

In saying this, I know this hasn't at all been our own effort. God has strengthened us and led us through it, and he has done so through our family and friends. So, I want to say thank you to those that have been a consistent source of strength and refuge for us. Thank you for your prayers, thank you for your support and encouragement, and thank you for carrying us and holding up our arms when we have felt too weak (Exodus 17:12). Thank you for working through us and enabling us to achieve something we have dreamed of doing for a long time. 

And a specific, special thanks to a few of my precious friends who have over and over again shared their time with me and given me their hearts as I poured out mine to them. I have felt loved and embraced by many of my friends. I know my thanks is not limited only to these few, but I do want to thank this specific few who have been a consistent presence and source of encouragement in my life the past two months:

Britt

Christy (and her new fiancé, Daniel!)

Jess, one of my newest favorites (and who also has a new fiancé :)

Julie (and a pic with her husband, Joe, during our "couple time") :)

Kathryn

Mikalyn, who wins the "Always Super Blurry" Award :)

Marilisa (and thanks for fighting off bees while chatting) :)

Katie


I love each of your beautiful, blurry faces. It has been amazing to me that while I am physically further away from these people than I have ever been, I feel that our friendships have grown deeper than ever before. I find myself pushed into vulnerability with each of these women, and I am indebted to them and the friendship that they each have given to me. Thank you for all of the conversations, I am so grateful to be sharing this experience with you.




and this little one for just being too cute:
 



and a shout out to mom and dad for being my favorites, and my top commenters ;)



xoxo


8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I could get all weepy just thinking about all these people that love you SO MUCH and are so proud of this journey you are on. We can't wait to have you home sweet home and I will make sure my hardwood floors are extra clean for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so loved and I can't wait to hold/hug you! I'm on a girl's trip with Ms. Amanda and she sends her love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna, we are very proud of you and Andrew for having the courage to step out on faith and take on this life adventure. I miss you and look forward to having you home in just a couple of short weeks. Be safe and keep up the blogging.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dad. We are very excited to see you soon!

      Delete
  4. You are growing so very much. I love you and miss you and I'm so grateful for the time we have been able to have online...but I know I'm going to cry when I get to talk to you face to face. Love you1!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am so excited :) miss you and your littles. trying to find the perfect gifts for them...

      Delete