Saturday, July 20, 2013

pineapple // (zannanna)



I had my first experience with the mache last week. Okay, so I didn't necessarily make the deal, or even stand anywhere near the merchandise... I hid out in the car.

The mache (pronounced like mosh-ay) is basically the street store- where various things like fruit and veggies or clothing are sold for way cheaper than in the stores, and at negotiable prices. Now when a foreigner from a wealthy country approaches, they are automatically going to raise the cost and try to get as much money from you as they can, unwilling to lower their prices. So, the trick is to send a Hatiain in your place... and that's exactly what I did ;)

 


Thank you to my lovely host mama for my beautiful and delicious (and cheap!) pineapple fresh from the streets of Ayiti!


4 comments:

  1. ur so kewwwwt.
    i love fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday you need to frame that picture...it is beautiful! You really are learning all of the "secret agent" skills. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna: That's my girl; a shrewd negotiator using her street smarts.

    ReplyDelete