Tuesday, June 3, 2014

the little piece of heaven


What was your summer routine when you were growing up? Both of my brothers are at camp this week, and it seems that with each summer that passes I miss it just a little more. I was able to be a part of camp for 16 years, and after 5 years of full time counseling and with marriage on the horizon, I was ready to call it quits. Now, as I see my brother spending his summers as a full time counselor, I am reminded of the sense of family amongst campers, counselors, and workers, and the beauty in the calm of each morning before the crazy begins.


I also miss the time away from the world, with some of my best friends just a cabin away. After the directors of 20+ years stepped down and a new couple took their place, the next generation has risen to call camp their home. They've created a new space, with new trends and personalities and activities. But the same will be true for everyone- a safe haven to connect with God and grow to love Him more deeply. 



And one more memory just for fun... ;)


xo


No comments:

Post a Comment