Tuesday, June 24, 2014

at it again


Have you started any new workout routines recently? Andrew and I went on our first run last night on the Atlanta Beltline (where we saw celebrities Dywane Wade, Gabriella Union, and Queen Latifah ride by us on bikes a few days ago, I might add). The beltline is an inspiring place to run. If the frequent celebrity sightings aren't enough to get you going, there's also swarms of people doing all kinds of fun actives to stay active- walking, running, bike riding, skate boarding, even roller blading. And don't forget all of the dogs you see along your trek. It also has beautiful scenery as you run over bridges with views of midtown, and pass by local restaurants and lovely fields of wild flowers. Running has never been my thing, but somehow I let my dad sign me (and my entire family) up for the annual Peachtree Road Race. It's in a week and half... better late than never to start training, right?... Yikes. Any tips from running lovers??




Image found here //

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! Since I don't have a gym membership anymore I've been hitting the UGA track to do running circuits and love the freedom of exercising for freeee. For some reason looking down is so much easier than looking ahead - I don't like seeing how far I have to go, I like looking at my feet working step by step. Of course you don't want to crash into someone so maybe peak up every once and a while ;) Proudayou!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed the looking down thing when I was running and wondered if it was just in my head! Thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete