Monday, May 12, 2014

Furniture Restoration Reveal: more than you bargain for


I set out on a yard-sale hunting adventure at a local neighborhood last weekend. Yard sales can be so hit or miss for me. I tried to keep my focus strictly on the (many) furniture pieces we need, and ended up going home with a bargain- $15 book shelf and $15 couch (score!). While the renovations on the book shelf ended up costing more and requiring way more effort than I had planned (why is this becoming the norm in these projects?!), I'm happy with the end result! 


I spent way too much money on paint, and still ran out before the job was done. So, I improvised by adding paper to the backs of the shelves. It'd be sweet to do a paper with a little more personality and a pattern, but I already had this paper in the house so we're keeping it simple! I love the natural wood on top, too. And, (surprise!) all of our books somehow fit on this one shelf. Magical.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment