Monday, May 5, 2014

Furniture Restoration Reveal: the little things


So this isn't a furniture renovation, but it's still one worth sharing! I found this old mirror at a thrift store for a decent price and absolutely loved the details. The shape and design gave me vision for what it could be, and I also felt a little inspiration from one of my sweet friends :) I forgot to take a picture before I started painted, so this is all I got for a "before!" Click below to see the final result...




I found some great tips for removing paint from mirrors. I tried using nail polish remover, and it worked really well with less effort than I was expecting. I have a little more cleaning to do before it's crisp enough to hang. I'm still trying to decide the right place to hang it, but I'm thinking it would be nice hanging near our table in our kitchen nook. I can't wait to post pictures once our place is finally completely unpacked and decorated, but that could be a while...we have a long way to go!

xo

1 comment:

  1. Love this!! I think I'm inspired to re-do my gold leaf mirror now too :)

    ReplyDelete