Wednesday, April 30, 2014

go green


I'm on a smoothie kick this week, as I slowly try to transition back into my pre-Haiti healthy eating habits. My goal is to take it a few steps even further, cutting out cheese (I haven't had milk as a part of my diet in years) and eventually all processed sugar. I'm really trying to tackle my physical and mental health, and so much of your life revolves around what you're putting into your body.

 I've often heard people express their desire to eat healthier and try a green smoothie, but they are too thrown off by the "green-ness", the texture, and overall knowing they are drinking vegetables to really give it a go. So, if that's you, here is a simple recipe for you (courtesy of yours truly). I promise, it's worth a try! And it will leave you feeling nice and clean on the inside :)


In a blender, mix:
1 cup frozen organic pineapple
1 cup frozen organic blueberries
1 cup organic kale
2 TBS organic unsweetened original almond milk
1 TBS water (add more or less depending on the consistency you prefer)
1 tiny slice of ginger root (maybe the size of your pinky nail- ginger is surprisingly strong)

And if you want it to be packed with even more good stuff (definitely recommend these, but can be expensive):
1 TBS chia seeds
1 TBS ground flax seeds

Bam! Organic, Vegan, Gluten-free, Processed sugar-free, and sure to make you feel proud about your healthy choices.

Enjoy!!

xo

P.S. More smoothie recipes here.
P.P.S. Great idea for preserving your greens.


Image found here //

No comments:

Post a Comment