Thursday, January 30, 2014

His unchanging nature


"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." {James 1:17}

My perspective of God and who He is sometimes seems to shift day to day, based on my circumstances or how I do or don't see Him working in my life. One day He seems intricately involved, one day He seems distant. One day He seems full of love and mercy, one day I feel like He's out to get me. It is vital to remember that who He is does not change just because of how you feel, or because of how you see Him (or don't see Him) moving. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8), and He doesn't change (Malachi 3:6). He is always good, always just, always compassionate, always merciful, always sovereign. In all things, always.

Image found here //

2 comments:

  1. I love that. I love that picture too!
    xoxomom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't you want to jump on and travel the Mediterranean?! ;)

      Delete