Thursday, November 7, 2013

warm and cozy


Spending time in Boston has also got me day dreaming about cozy winter necessities. I know nothing in my current wardrobe could prepare me for the bone-chilling cold temperatures that New England winters bring. I browsed a few products at L.L. Bean, and the great thing about this company is not only do they provide great quality items, but every item also comes with a life-time warranty!


I love these winter boots, and they seem to be everyone's favorite, as well. 
&
For more protection, a taller version here.
And for more warmth (your best bet in New England), an insulated boot here.
//
A good winter coat is also essential. I found these two that seemed like they could do the trick:

The Goose-Down Hooded Parka (here) in Black, Navy, Dark Teal Green (!), or Plum.
&
The Ultrawarm Coat, Three Quarter Length here in Black or Dark Raspberry. 

//

Any suggestions or things to look for?
If we do end up moving north, it will be interesting to see how this Georgia blood handles the new climate ;)


xo

(Top Picture found here // Last Picture here)


2 comments:

  1. Whoa Jenna! Didn't know that you guys were moving back! Read your post about it, thanks for your vulnerability. I can't imagine how hard it was to make that decision but I really appreciate your maturity in recognizing that sometimes there isn't a "right" or "wrong" choice. Welcome back! You know...Pittsburgh is a pretty cool city...just sayin' ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirstin thank you for such a thoughtful and uplifting comment! The support from all of our family and friends is what gives us even more confidence about the decision. And I know… Pittsburgh IS cool :)

      Delete