Tuesday, November 12, 2013

exciting news


Today is the official launch day of Southern Weddings Magazine Volume 6. I loved Southern Weddings even before I got engaged because of the beautiful photographs and southern vibes found in each lovely featured wedding, and during engagement it proved particularly helpful in spurring on my creative juices. Today is especially noteworthy, however, because there are several people close to me that are featured in this issue!


First, my wedding photographer, Gracie Dinwiddie with Gracie Blue Photography, had an entire wedding published! It's a truly beautiful wedding and stunning bride, and Gracie did an amazing job capturing it (on page 219-223 for those with a copy!). I am so excited for her and proud of her that she gets this recognition. She deserves to have her name out there, and her talents known! Congratulations Grace!


Gracie also received publication featuring marriage advice from couples who have been married for more than 25 years. Not only does she get to have her work in this section, but guess who the couple is? My parents!!! Grace captured them beautifully, and my mother's answers to each question are so sweet and sincere. They really have a wonderful, fun, united marriage and I am so happy that they get to share a little bit of it with all of the new young married couples out there. 


Lastly, one of my best friends, Marilisa, is making her model debut ;) She had the opportunity to participate in a photo-shoot, which was used in an article in SWV6 to discuss ways to make the bridesmaids feel honored on a bride's special day. Doesn't she look gorgeous?! (Photos from the magazine of her and her pretty red hair above and below)


Gracie's best friend, Laura with Laura Leslie Photography, also got a shout out in SWV6! Laura actually photographed my wedding (in film!) with Gracie, and she is an amazingly talented photographer. She had a photograph published, and I am so excited for her to receive this honor, as well. Check out her blog, with an entry about this feature, here.

Phew! That is a lot of excitement ;) I love that some of my favorite people are taking over the wedding world! I am so happy for each of these ladies (and mom and dad), and hope this only leads them to more fun, joy, and passion in the work they already love! 

Follow Gracie Blue Photography on Instagram
"Like" Gracie Blue Photography on Facebook
Also, check out our wedding photos here and our engagement photos here (by Gracie Blue Photography)

xo

Top 3 photographs taken by Gracie Blue Photography and found on her blog at grblue.com


No comments:

Post a Comment