Thursday, August 15, 2013

caribbean waters



It's true that the Caribbean is home to some of the most beautiful water- clear, blue, and warm. Often times when I go to the beach, I like swimming in the ocean but get too scared of sharks or jellyfish or crabs or even fish to stay in for too long. The water here was so clear that it erased any mystery of "what lies beneath," and we fearlessly swam, floated, and dove to the depths...



the calmest water
boats with home-made sails passed by every afternoon
often the sails were made of "USAID" tarps...

I finally conquered the art of floating! I feel like such a grown up ;)
the land in the distance is the large island that sits in the gulf of the country 


bear with me on this "series" of posts from our short get-away... it was just so beautiful, and we took too many pictures not to share a bunch of them! We are working hard this week, so with each of these posts, I am going back in my mind ;)

2 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful and relaxing! I'm glad you were able to enjoy this after all you've been through. Wish I could come!

    ReplyDelete