Wednesday, October 1, 2014

october :)


Now that it's October, it can officially feel like fall :) I'm looking forward to some cooler temperatures this weekend, and have been really getting into the fall spirit by buying pretty much every fall related item at Trader Joe's. I have pumpkins, fall flowers, pumpkin joe-joe's, and have already bought 4 squashes. I'm trying all kinds of new recipes I'm finding online, and I would love to share one with you each week. So, I give you.... Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup!

How good is homemade soup? It tastes so fresh, so light, and so full. The best part about this soup is that it's totally vegan. The fall vegetables fill you right up without weighing you down. And I never would have thought that fresh ginger could liven up a soup so much! I don't get out much when it comes to cooking from scratch, but is ginger usually a fall soup ingredient?! I guess I will find out... I have a few other soups on my list for this season! Also, when you're making this just for two, you have left overs for days :) :)

Happy Slurping!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment