Wednesday, May 7, 2014

the gift it is to be a nanny


Last week I said goodbye to 4 little people who have stolen my heart. When I started spending every day with them back in November, I didn't view this temporary situation as one that would grab hold of me so deeply. Now, 5-6 months later, my heart has grown bigger and my love deeper...




         

Thinking of this family, I am so humbled by God for taking such good care of me in times of need. At such a challenging time in my life, He provided me with a beautiful family to love me and make me laugh and give me something to enjoy and look forward to each day. They are patient, they are kind, they are gentle, they are natural comedians :) I am so grateful to have been given this short time with them.



It is such an undeserved privilege to be a nanny- to be welcomed into someone's home, to become a part of their family. To be able to watch them grow physically but also emotionally as they learn and discover the world around them. I can't believe a mother would entrust me with and let me share in such special moments that belong to her. Adding these four cute faces to my list of "my babies" :) I've been given so much joy and love from that ever-growing list, and am so grateful for each one to take so much space in my heart.




xo

No comments:

Post a Comment