Monday, April 21, 2014

Furniture Restoration Reveal: there's more than meets the eye


Round 2 of furniture renovations, and man, am I glad that this one is over. I've never been a huge fan of these chunky end tables and have wanted to renovate them ever since a friend gave them to me two years ago. These little babies had a lot up their sleeve and did everything they could to get me to give up on them and my religion! Okay, not quite, but after all the grief they gave me with every dead end and twist and turn I came across, I was filled with even more motivation to finish them perfectly so that I can ultimately sell them and never have to see them again :) Click below to see the final product...




I won't even bore you with my humorous list of grievances- rather, I will just say a thank you to my dad for his woodworking ingenious, and an "I love you" to my husband for dealing with my outbursts through the process :) The picture above is from our moving day last year, with one of the end tables sitting in the green chair, and it is the only "before" picture I can find, as I forgot to take one before I started sanding and painting and stepping into insanity. So now...


While I would love to just give these away for free to anyone willing to get them out of my sight, my months of hardwork, fixing mistakes, and injuries demands otherwise. I think they actually look nice now and a little more modern and a little less "1990s Amish log cabin". Hopefully they soon find a good home, because let me tell you, it will not be mine :)



Local & interested in buying? Check the Craigslist Posting, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment