Wednesday, January 22, 2014

beautiful peace


"But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever."
                                           {Psalm 52:8}
I was reading through some scriptures this morning, and was struck by the beauty in this particular passage. Not only the imagery of the first part, but even the confidence of the writer in the second segment. It's not "I will" or "I try", but, "I do." It's easy to think this kind of confidence is pride or arrogance, but being sure of your confidence in God is purely humble, peaceful, and reassuring. I also looked up a few olive tree images, and now I'm wishing I lived near a grove- what objects of such beauty and peace!



xo

Images found here, here, and here //

No comments:

Post a Comment