Wednesday, December 18, 2013

what was your wedding soundtrack?



With it being Christmas time, I have heard the classic "Come Thou Fount" in multiple settings. It immediately brings me back to our wedding day, because this is the song that played as Andrew, the groomsmen, and the bridesmaids walked down the aisle. 




Although I was tucked away and hiding, waiting for my entrance and unable to view this part of the ceremony (boo!), it still brings to me the imagery of the warm, early summer day with a gentle, cool breeze, the field of tall green grass, Andrew and his closest friends riding up in the old, beat up, baby blue pick up truck, and each of our favorite people making their way down, preparing for the vows soon to be exchanged. 





Here's a list of some of the songs we used, that still fill me with sweet memories any time I hear them:
Precessional: "Home"- Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, "Half Acre"- Hem, 
"Ho Hey"- The Lumineers, "Strawberry Swing"- Coldplay
Honored Guests, Grandparents, and Parents: "Sweet Afton"- Nickelcreek
Groom and Officiant, Groomsmen, and Bridesmaids: "Come Thou Fount"- Sufjan Stevens
Ring Bearer, Flower Girl, and Bride: "Awake My Soul"- Mumford and Sons
Washing of our Feet: "For the Widows in Paradise, For the Fatherless in Ypsilanti"- Sufjan Stevens
Recessional: "The Dog Days Are Over"- Florence and the Machine
Our First Dance: "Swept Away"- The Avett Brothers



What was your wedding soundtrack? Or, if you're not married, what do you want it to be? 
Which Christmas songs bring you special memories?



To view more of our wedding photos, click here or here.

xo

All Images provided by Gracie Blue Photography

2 comments:

  1. You had one of the BEST wedding soundtracks!!! When I hear "Come Thou Fount" I instantly think of that truck rolling over the hill- it was epic-ly humble all packaged up in manliness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so sweet! I still wish I could have seen it :)

      Delete