Tuesday, December 17, 2013

that time of year...


Yes, Christmas time, but I mean… Christmas card time!! I used to think that it was silly and somewhat vain for young couples, sans children, to send out Christmas cards of themselves to all of their friends- like, who cares? We have Facebook, we know what you look like. 

It wasn't until last year when I sent out our first Christmas card as a married couple that I found out what all the fuss is about. I wanted to send a few wedding and honeymoon pictures, along with a sweet personalized, hand-written note to our family members. As cards from my friends all across the country poured in, my home became full of Christmas joy and the beautiful smiling faces that I love so dearly- and it made me wish I had printed enough of my own to return the favor!


So, this year, although we are probably currently poorer than we will ever be again our lives, it was still essential for me to send out some cards. I decided on a style at Walgreens. The quality is not up to our desired standard, but it only cost us $20 for 40 cards so you know what? It's okay :)

Especially now that the majority of my friends are married and living in different cities and states, on top of this year being one that our friends and family have played such a huge role in the ups and downs of our ever-changing journey, I'm so excited to send a picture with a "thank you for loving us and putting up with us" message on the back. The cards from my lovely friends have already started arriving, and I am looking forward to posting a few and showing them off here within the next few days. Think about it, if you were just to frame a picture in your home of a couple you are friends with, that would just be plain weird. But a Christmas card makes it perfectly normal to scatter your home with pictures of people that are not you or your family members! 

And here's the one we chose for our Christmas card this year:


xo


4 comments:

  1. You're so pretty! Christmas cards are cute.
    Maybe I'll do one with muh cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww you read my blog!! :) you should def. do one with your cat. i want 20 copies so i can mail yours to my friends instead of my own.

      Delete
  2. It's so true. I have them all strung over my huge sliding glass doors. It is one of my favorite things about Christmas and makes me feel so incredibly happy that I have a story with each and every person who sends a card to my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it definitely adds to the holiday spirit :) mine will be on it's way to you soon!!

      Delete