Sunday, July 14, 2013

saturday morning in the mountains

Yesterday morning we drove with some friends from church to Kenscoff, a town in the mountains of Port-au-Prince...


The temperature dropped a significant amount, to the point that we were actually a little chilly (hooray!)! We sat at this overlook for a while, talking and eating with each other, and spent some time singing (in French) and praying together.

It felt like we were sitting in the clouds!

Me with my walking buddies (ages 10, 9, 12, and 11)

Andrew and I after walking to the other side of the mountain for a different view of the country side

Andrew with a friend from the church, Stevens, and Jorell, who leads the church with his wife in PauP (their two kids were in the earlier picture of me with the boys)

panoramic view


And this was only about 45 minutes from where we live! We are looking forward to exploring even more of Haiti in the coming months...





3 comments:

  1. The kids are really cute. And that man with the pink book bag also..
    This view is incredible.
    I've wanted to go camping/hiking like all summer so I can experience something beautiful.
    I would probably see a lil hill.
    but this is so pretty.
    and 45 min! I would go like all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous in your pic with the boys! You are in your element!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see all of the places you're going! Haiti is so rich in natural beauty but yet so economically underdeveloped. What an amazing place to connect with God on different levels.

    ReplyDelete